Youth Activities at Crystal Ball
Youth Activities will be available at Crystal Ball!
***Reminder – per Kingdom law, youth activities is not considered free child care.***
Parents are ultimately responsible for the safety and well-being of their children at all times.
Just a reminder note from the Youth Marshal Handbook for Middle Kingdom:
• No adult may be alone with a minor at any time during an organized activity for youth.
• Older minors are not to be left unsupervised with younger minors at organized youth activities.
• Alcohol is strictly forbidden from youth activities.
• Participation in youth activities is based on the cooperative relationship between the activity coordinator, the participating youth, and that youth’s parent or legal guardian. Participation is not a right but a privilege that is extended and must be
respected by all parties.
• At all times it is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian of a minor to determine the safety, suitability, and appropriateness of an activity to their dependent minor.
• Inappropriate behavior of any sort by any party involved in youth activities will be dealt with in the manner deemed most appropriate in accordance with modern, corporate or kingdom law as applicable.
• Coordinators and their staff may not strike or yell at a child even if a child is a discipline problem (disruptive, sulky, crying, abusive), even if the parent verbally states this is ‘okay’.
• Children must be toilet-trained and be able to dress themselves. A parent/legal guardian must accompany younger or less-able children at all times.
Calling all Pages!
If you would like to help out at Crystal Ball, we have some duties in line for the Pages! Stop by gate to pick up a tabard.
Tentative schedule is as follows:
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Youth Activities with Mistress Caroline de Mercier (Locations and Activities coming soon!)
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM Children’s Feast ($5) in the Chapel
7:00 PM – right before the last two dance sets Youth Activities in the Dining Hall
Youth Feast and Youth Revel!
Starting at the same time as regular seated feast. Youths are invited to join us in the Feast Hall for a youth friendly meal (Hotdogs, Mac-n-Cheese and more) Once feast is over and You are ready to work off dinner and put your dancing shoes on, The young folks will return to the feast hall for child appropriate activities. We plan on making masks, medieval and modern toys and continuing the days fun. Please consider making this a part of your day.
Youth feast is $5.00 on site all the rest is free.
*Youth may attend the regular feast with their parents at $13 per person.*
Please let Murigheal know if your child will be attending the Children’s Feast and if they have any dietary restrictions or allergies. shatteredcrystal.moas at midrealm.org
Morning Youth Activities
- Fairy Houses w/ Strawberrie 2:00 PM Come build and decorate your very own Fairy House!
- Mistress Caroline de Mercier 10:00-1:00 Outdoors activities such as tricycle jousting, quoits (medieval ring toss), and games such as fish-fowl-animal, fox and chickens, and London Bridges. And Story time! Meet at the playground!
- Mistress Caroline de Mercier 1:00-2:00 Arts and Crafts in the Feast Hall
Evening Youth Activities
- Cobbler, Cobbler, Where’s my Shoe
- Following the leader
- Building our castle fort
- Making masks for the ball
- Playing with glow-in-the-dark bubble wands